Re: VH for Walker

>From: Jim Hill <jahill@leasingservice.com>

>This all being said, the one thought that keeps coming to me is "how can
>you have a 4 that can't dunk on a regular basis?"  It seems he could in the
>first couple years but couldn't last year.

I share a lot of the same frustrations about Antoine as you do, Jim, but his
dunking is not one of them.  Not only is it false to say that he "can't dunk
on a regular basis", but to me it is refreshing that he doesn't dunk all the
time just for the sake of it.  If your point is that he doesn't finish
strongly enough, I'll go along with that.  You don't see him dunking over
guys.  But I get the sense you mean that he's so un-athletic that it's
literally difficult for him to dunk, which he's not.  Personally I think
it's a far greater problem when you get a player like Tony Battie who seems
to be trying to turn every play into a spectacular dunk.

>Van Horn just doesn't seem to fit on his current team but I always liked
>what I read about him when he was coming out.  A new home may be what he
>needs.  He seems to have a stable home life and may fit in better in Boston
>with his blue collar attitude.

I'm not sure I'd characterize Van Horn as "blue collar".  He seems like a
little bit of a pansy to me.  Although I'll freely admit I haven't seen much
of him outside of Celtics games.

Jim