Re: Possible 4 Way trade Now

>I believe this is one of the only decent offers that we are going to see
>that could get the Celtics a very good player without trading Walker or
>Pierce.  The only other option is to sign Mercer for the exception, which I
>hope is still available.

The only problem is that Abdul Wahad is not "a very good player." He's an
"OK player." He's a "mediocre player at best." He's a "better than nothing
player, sometimes." But he's not a very good player. This team needs a
bunch of those if they're ever going to see contention for anything
meaningful, and if these rumors are any indication, our children are all
going to be old and feeble before that happens. Pitino can't bet on Abdul
Wahad being the difference between his NBA success or failure, can he? If
Pierce doesn't improve next year his value will never be as high, and right
now if we're to believe everything Ricky says, his value is unbelievably
high. Pitino needs to get out of the land of "Abdul Wahads and Maybe 40
Wins If They're Lucky."

And I see you've just posted an article about Abdul Wahad staying in
Denver. Good! If Pitino can get Mercer for the exception that's nice, but
only nice, and  it doesn't get this team any closer to something
substantial. It's time for Ricky to actually earn his money.

Paul M.