Possible 4 Way trade Now

I must say that I did call this from before.  It looks like the the Raptors
may help out and enter the picture if Croshure ends up staying in Indy
(which I believe he will).

I'm not sure why the Raptors would just help us out like taht after we
screwed them by taking back the Fortson deal.

I believe this is one of the only decent offers that we are going to see
that could get the Celtics a very good player without trading Walker or
Pierce.  The only other option is to sign Mercer for the exception, which I
hope is still available.

Here's the article.

Tell me what you think.

Josh

Rumors of deal with Celtics, Clippers refuse to go away

By Michael BeDan
Denver Rocky Mountain News Staff Writer

----

SALT LAKE CITY - Three days and counting until NBA free agents can sign
contracts, and nothing is settled in Denver.

The Nuggets still want Los Angeles Clippers free-agent guard Derek Anderson,
but they don't believe they can get him.

"We are not pursuing it right now because the Clippers have told us that
they are not interested in doing a sign-and-trade," Nuggets coach and
president Dan Issel said Friday night. "Now that could change."

The Boston Celtics still want Nuggets free agent Tariq Abdul-Wahad, and they
are not convinced they are out of the running.

"I think there is still a possibility (of a sign-and-trade deal working
out)," Celtics coach Rick Pitino said Friday. "And we are trying to get him
to consider the ($2.25 million midlevel salary-cap) exception if he wants to
play for us and it doesn't all work out."

Abdul-Wahad could not be reached for comment Friday, but he said in a report
published Friday he and the Nuggets had reached an agreement that would keep
him in Denver next season.

Issel said there is no agreement.

"We don't have an agreement yet," Issel said. "(Nuggets vice president of
basketball operations) Denny (McGowan) and (Abdul-Wahad's agent) Paco
(Belassen) met (Friday) for five hours, and I think that we're getting
close, but we have no agreement."

Issel said Thursday the Nuggets would pursue Anderson at least through
Tuesday, when free agents can sign contracts, but that was before the
Clippers told him they would not make a deal. Tony Dutt, Anderson's agent,
said Friday the Clippers were considering another deal with Denver and
Boston. The Clippers could not be reached for comment.

"My understanding is that (Abdul-Wahad) would still go to the Celtics and
Derek would still go to the Nuggets," Dutt said. "They are still working on
it."

Two NBA sources said Friday that Toronto could enter the picture if the
Raptors fail to land Indiana Pacers free agent Austin Croshere, though it
was not clear what role they would play other than helping the Nuggets land
Anderson and the Celtics land Abdul-Wahad. The Raptors have room under the
salary cap, but Issel said he has not been involved in those talks.

"That's news to me," Issel said.

The Clippers continue to hold the wild card. They pulled out of a deal
Wednesday that would have sent Abdul-Wahad to the Celtics and brought
Anderson to Denver. Nuggets forward Keon Clark and Celtics guard Dana Barros
would have gone to the Clippers. But Los Angeles already has 12 guaranteed
contracts next season and was not willing to add two more.

Dutt said the deal being discussed now would send one player and draft picks
to Los Angeles. "Because they are concerned about the numbers on their
roster, it would eliminate that concern," Dutt said.

If all else fails, Abdul-Wahad would sign and stay with the Nuggets. Issel
has said his priority was to sign Abdul-Wahad to a new contract. Until
Friday, he never said his priority was to sign and keep the three-year NBA
veteran.

"If you can't work a sign-and-trade with the Clippers, then there's no way
we can get (Anderson)," Issel said. "The Clippers told me that they were not
interested in doing a sign-and-trade and if that changed, they would contact
me. That's what I know."

No points - The Nuggets lost 91-79 Friday in their final Rocky Mountain
Revue summer league game. Denver played without a true point guard. Chris
Herren returned to Denver after aggravating his injured groin Thursday. Free
agent Andre Woolridge did not play because of a sprained ankle.

James Posey led the Nuggets with 21 points. Ryan Bowen scored 15. The
Nuggets finished 4-2 after winning only two of six games last year at the
Revue.

July 29, 2000