Moiso Answers questions

Here's some questions that Moiso answered as posted on NBA.com.

How were your first summer league games?
I'm discovering the team's playbook, which is something I'm going to have to
get used to. I haven't played against the best NBA players yet but I'm
looking forward to it.

What was going through your mind at the NBA Draft ?
I was anxious! When they were calling out the numbers 9 and 10, I started
wondering if I would be picked, when it would be and by who. It was a big
relief to be chosen by the Celtics as the 11th pick.

You are the second French player in the NBA now, do you feel that you have
paved the way for other French players to follow?
Tariq Abdul-Wahad, who went to University in the US (Michigan, San Jose
State), was the first player who really paved the way for other French
players and now kids can inspire themselves from what he achieved. I also
followed a similar path to Tariq's by going to a University in the US but
I'd already been thinking about playing in the NBA for four years.

What do you think about the current rumor that Tariq might play for the
Boston Celtics?
I understand that he's been in contact with Boston but there's nothing
official about it. Of course it would be good for me to have someone to
discuss things with at the start, but I'm sure I'll be able to talk to him
even if he doesn't come to Boston.

Which players do you most admire in the NBA today?
Players who have an inside and outside game like Kevin Garnett, Rasheed
Wallace and Chris Webber. It's the type of game I'm going to have to play
because I'll be playing the same position as them (power forward).

What are your main assets?
I feel that I can be a good scorer, putting up points when the team needs it
the most. Rick Pitino wants me to become a good defender as defending,
especially the full-court press, will be focal point of our team. I look
forward to developing a new facet of my game.

Do you feel that European players are treated differently?
No, I haven't encountered any problems and my goal is to show that I can
play at this level. If I had come straight over from Europe, I think I would
have felt the difference physically, but I was lucky enough to play for a
competitive American University and to be known by NBA scouts.

Do you think money will change things in your life?
Yes enormously, however right now, I want to have a simple life. The money
will allow me to help my parents and my friends so that they can come see
me, but the most important thing for me at the moment is to get settled in
Boston.

Have you become more popular in France since the draft?
I haven't been to Paris yet since the NBA Draft, but I was in Grenoble
recently and a few kids recognized me, but it doesn't bother me yet.

What goals have you set yourself for the coming season?
My main objective is to have an immediate impact on my new team and to be
among the best rookies of the year. I also hope to crack the starting lineup
before the end of the season and the training program that the Celtics have
organized for me this summer should help me achieve this.