[meta] Melonhead Addendum

>From: Ryan Lee <rlee_at_channing@yahoo.com>
>
>How much reasoning of Cecil's is really logical?  [...]  Cecil, are you daft?
>you and the rest of the melonheads in this group keep
>inventing new attributes for Walker. [...] Next thing you know,
>you'll be telling me
>that he can shoot grenades out of his ass and will
>sprout wings from his back so that he can slam dunk
>the ball more efficiently.  So I guess Antoine playing
>center in Cecil's eyes is not too far fetched.

Logical?  You keep using this word ... I do not think this word means
what you think it means.

>As for the rest of you Walker melonheads, I never said
>the Celts could beat the Lakers or Spurs.  I said they
>match up well except for the center position. [...] Duh, people.

Duh, indeed, my verbose friend.  Duh, indeed.

>Oh and Bird@pixi, you are my "hero" for continuing the
>animosity of this discussion.  Way to go schmoe for
>using sarcasm to try and stop sarcasm.

Who's trying to stop you, my paranoid friend?  I'm not trying to stop
you, I'm trying to point out your fallacies, and yes, your rudeness.
You stop by the list, call a good hunk of the membership "insane" and
stuff, refer to a respected poster as a "lunatic", and make
outrageous statements about the caliber of players, all the while
continuing your one trick pony rhetorical style ("Antoine Walker
needs to be traded for a loaf of bread and anybody in the NBA"), then
you don't like when someone responds to your confrontational and
accusatory tone?  What color is the sky in your world?  'Cause here
on Earth, you gotta either have thicker skin or bit less bluster.
Either that, or get used to people calling you to task when you're
acting like a moron.

>Where did you
>learn such clever techniques for diffusing a tense
>discussion?  Only a PhD like a yourself would think
>that you can stop ridicule by ridiculing some more.

You're the only guy I know who would try to insult a person by
calling him "a PhD."  Anyway, PhD's, doctors, lawyers, Indian chiefs,
thinking human beings -- they all think that ridicule can stop
ridicule, as indeed you, yourself, prove later in your post.  You've
been a lot of fun, Ryan Lee -- we have some nice parting gifts for
you backstage.  Thanks for playing!

>You know, you insulted me so badly and embarrassed me
>so much with that totally stupid and lame post, I will
>not write anymore to this group.

That's a shame.  We'll all miss your subtle insights and the
easygoing manner in which you present them.

>Yeah, and you might
>actually have seen Bird play without having to watch
the Classic Sports Channel.

I have, actually.  I don't see your point here, Ryan.