It's official -- Croushore to Boston!

oops, wrong team... ;)

"Taking advantage of the Colorado Rockies' tumble
from first to fourth place in three weeks, Red Sox general manager Dan
Duquette yesterday swooped in and acquired righthander Rolando Arrojo,
second baseman Mike Lansing, and reliever Rick Croushore for pitchers
Brian Rose and John Wasdin, minor league pitcher Jeff Taglienti, and
second baseman Jeff Frye."

so long to Waaay Back Wasdin!

and Pitino says in the Herald:
``I told Ron to go after happiness and a home,'' said Pitino,
reiterating a phone conversation he had with his former Kentucky star
earlier this week. ``He's waiting on Chicago, and he has to do what's
best for him. ``But I did tell him that if he decides he's going to have to go
the
mid-level exception route, he should come back to Boston.''

I think we'll just have to see which players are left holding the exception
bag, though I'm still interested in Jamal Crawford.  I agree that the free
agent class of 2 guards are pretty much in the dime-a-dozen class and I
wouldn't hand out big contracts to any of them. We need to get something with
Fortson, though, or he's off to Golden State all by himself.

--Ellie