Re: No Croshere; perhaps Wahad or Mercer; Probably Randy Brown

So here we are, back to Square 1. We've had a month to court free agents and
discuss trades, and we're going to sign either Randy Brown or Bimbo Coles
and make no trades. We're going to add one of these two, along with the 11th
pick in the draft, and a USBL player... and expect to make the playoffs.

OK, it's time for Pitino to abandon this "Pierce is untouchable" fantasy and
get serious about rebuilding this team. Pierce and cap crap to Portland for
O'Neal and Bonzi Wells sounds about right. Pierce and cap crap for Eddie
Jones? Pierce and ??? for Iverson?

If Walker has to be the guy to go, then get it over with. Larry Brown loves
Toine, so send him there and get Iverson here.

Good God, I'm really starting to believe that we're going to see the same
garbage next season. I didn't think Pitino would stand for it, but now I'm
not so sure. He somehow convinced himself Austin Croshere and Tariq Abdul
Wahad were the missing pieces to his playoff puzzle (wrong!) and now even
those options are gone (thankfully, in my book).

I hope Jersey Red knows what he's talking about-that there are other
deals/signings to be made that haven't been reported. There better be.

Mark