Re: Celtics, Clips, Nuggets 3 way Trade (ESPN.COM)

On 24 Jul 2000 16:41:53 GMT, davrutley@aol.comspamkill
(Dave) wrote:

>>From ESPN.COM (http://espn.go.com/nba/news/2000/0724/649786.html)
>>Personally I'd love to see Herren in a Cs Jersey as our back-up PG and
>>Abdul-Wahad brings some nice D intensity to the Cs as well. I'm sure we'd part
>>with a first round pick as part of this deal as well though.
>>Associated Press

Look further down the article (at denver) I found:

Pitino said the deal could happen but the Celtics are
still exploring their options.

"I know we have talked, and those parts have been
mentioned, and we certainly are interested in
Abdul-Wahad," Pitino said. "Obviously, we'd have to
come up with a first-round draft pick, and I guess a
player or so, but yeah, we are very interested in
Abdul-Wahad. But I want to first meet him and see what
he's like."

Hey, sounds like we need to come up with a player
(Barros? why not cheaney or macarthy  or minor?) + no.1
pick.

Or is this a bargaining ploy with Mercer?