Sign/trade Fortson to Magic/Mercer

"Also expected to visit will be Danny Fortson of
Boston. The Magic are talking to the Celtics about a
possible sign-and-trade deal involving guard Ron
Mercer, who they won`t be bringing back." -- Why do
that when we could sign him for the exception? Let
Fortson go if you don't want him. Better than giving
him a huge contract and taking an equal number back.
unless, of course, Mercer does not want to play here
for the exception. In that case, let him go. Do a
trade only if we are going to get some of Orlando's
other goodies (Outlaw, etc) in addition. Forget
Croshere for Twoine. Doubt even Pitino/Wallace would
do that (gulp!)