Replying To John Lyell About Fortson and Mercer

>  Wallace has a verbal agreement with the Pistons and

> may go along with Chucky Atkins in a sign and trade to

> Detroit for Hill.  Be happy if you can get Mercer for Fortson
> and another Celtics player. And remember with the acquisitions
> of Hill and McGrady, Orlando is almost capped out.  The only way
> they can make a trade with the Celtics in the first place is because
> they have trade exceptions. So, don't expect any mega player
> deals between the two teams. Just a simple two for one.

I would say the same thing to Amy too.  Be happy if you can get Mercer
for Fortson and be realistic in what it will take in terms of contract
to acquire him.  Mercer at $4 - $6 million a year, aint so bad,
not when you're paying stiffs like Pot, Williams, and Battie in the
same range.