Cross Davis off the List

Well, I guess Mercer and Wahad are left.  Hopefully we'll get one of them.

07/21/2000
By Jodie Valade / The Dallas Morning News
Hubert Davis said from the start that he wanted to return to Dallas. All the
free-agent guard wanted from the Mavericks was the same kind of unwavering
commitment.
And when that officially came Thursday in the form of a contract offer
significantly longer than the Mavericks' original suggestion, Davis quickly
accepted.
Davis committed to the Mavericks and a four-year, $10 million contract
Thursday, according to owner Mark Cuban. As a free agent, Davis cannot sign
with Dallas until Aug. 1.
The sharp-shooting guard had earned serious consideration from other teams,
including New Jersey, Boston and Sacramento, during theJuly negotiating
period. Though the Mavericks had originally offered Davis a one-year deal to
preserve salary cap space in the summer of 2001, they recently changed
gears.
"Hubie was concerned about security, and given how important Hubie is to the
team and our commitment to our players, I was happy to give him security,"
Cuban said.
Davis was unavailable for comment Thursday.
Davis, who has been with the Mavericks for three years, opted out of his
original six-year, $4.5 million contract with Dallas on July 1. That was a
deal that made him one of the best bargains in the NBA after having led the
NBA in three-point accuracy last season at 49.1 percent.<<<<<<<<<<