Re: Nothing Important

    Oh yeah, that's right, I remember Duck was on the 1979-80 Celtics
roster although he may have retired or been released before the
playoffs. If I recall correctly, that team also had such names as Kevin
Stacom, Jeff Judkins, Erik Fernstein. Do you all remember Terry Duerod?
That might have been a little later.

    Duck Chaney was considered the best big defensive guard of his era,
more or less like Dennis Johnson later would become. He won a ring in
Boston in 1974 but wasn't on the roster, I believe, by 1976. I think he
went to the ABA for awhile, then rejoined the Celts in the late 1970s
along with a whole bunch of other late career retreads (Sidney Wicks and
Curtis Rowe etc). Out of that whole bunch, only Tiny Archibald and Bob
McAdoo were able to resurrect there careers or finally become winners. I
was just a kid back then, but I remember what a constant soap opera the
team was in the 1970s.

--------