Moiso, etc.

I watched most of the second half of Tuesday's Celtics-76ers game,
focusing mostly on watching Moiso. He impressed me with his
shotblocking ability in particular. A few times he got "pseudo
blocks" where he blocked a shot from the weak side but a foul was
committed by the Celtic player actually defending the man. He seems
to have a good feeling for the timing involved in shotblocking as
well as a quick leap. It reminds me of McGrady's abilities in that
area. I didn't see much of his offensive game but it did seem like
his teammates weren't getting him the ball unless an isolation play
was obviously called for him. Near the end of the game they missed
him on a wide open alley-oop opportunity. He also seemed to loaf
up the court after grabbing rebounds instead of really running.
Hard to say what kind of impact he'll have but he's definitely got
the talent to do well. I wonder if he can play the same type of role
that Shawn Marion did for Pheonix - it seemed that they didn't run
any plays for him but he had an impact off the boards, in the open
court, and in the offense just from his athletic ability.

I've also noticed that we haven't signed Moiso yet, which might have
trade implications. It sounds like Jermaine O'Neal to the Bulls isn't
such a sure thing anymore. I wonder if the Celtics still have interest,
especially when his BYC status improves.

As August 1 draws closer I wonder more about what sort of trades might
be in store. It seems pretty likely that we'll have mostly the same
team though. Losing Fortson doesn't bother me so much because the
interior defense was pretty hopeless with him here. I would love to
get something decent in a sign-and-trade but it seems like BYC issues
would make that really tricky.

Alex