Mark Blount info on nba.com

http://www.nba.com/celtics/clack_blount_000719.html
<snip>
Mark Blount never had to learn a new position, but rather add speed and strength to his bulky frame to help convince scouts he was ready to play center in the NBA. Many felt he the potential to be one of the best collegiate big men in the country as a freshman at the University of Pittsburgh. He didn't disappoint prognosticators, as he returned to raise his scoring average almost seven points to 9.1 points per game and his rebound average to 6.8 rebounds per game up from 2.9 boards per game as a freshman.
But then Blount figured he was ready to take the next step and declared himself eligible for the NBA Draft after just two seasons at Pitt. He was drafted by Seattle in the second round of the 1997 NBA Draft, but was waived later in the year.
"Mark will play in the NBA this year," said Celtics Director of Player Personnel Leo Papile. "I think it is important that people see that he made a bad choice in leaving school early, but that he has gone out, kept working hard and got a couple years experience under his belt."
"Mark was a guy who is just starting to mature," added O'Brien. "He has added weight and strength. He is another guy, despite how big he is, he has very good speed and lateral quickness."
Still only 24-years old, the Yonkers, New York native has spent the past few seasons in the minor leagues working on his body and his game. Listed at 230 before his sophomore season at Pitt, Blount now weighs just under 210 pounds, giving him the ability to run faster and slide quicker. After a stint with Sioux Falls in the CBA, he signed on with the Bay Runners for the 1999-00 season, where he averaged 17.7 points and 10.2 rebounds per game over 54 games with six double-doubles.
"I am real confident in my game," said Blount. "I like to be aggressive on the basketball. I think that my shot blocking ability can help. I don't know if this is time (to break into the NBA), but I am trying hard to get there."
Blount has already won much acclaim with his play at the Shaw's Pro Summer League. On Monday, he ripped a talented Atlanta squad for 15 points and added three blocks. Then on Tuesday, he grabbed five boards and blocked four shots in just 20 minutes against Philadelphia.
"I have learned and matured, and it is a great process. It was a decision I made (to leave early). I made it and I am still doing good."