Celtics/Sixers game report

Sad to see the "streak" finally end, but it was meaningless anyway.  The
entire game was foul city and it was difficult for the players to get
comfortable out there.  Passing on the Celtic side was also bad.  Here's my
evaluation by position.

Both point guards, Jerome Allen and David Vanterpool, did not impress at all.
 Allen had a few decent passes and was very quick, but he had no shot.  Bring
on Haywoode.  Kevin Ollie and Pepe Sanchez ran these guys out of the gym.

Kris Clack has crazy athleticism.  He jumped so high for a block that he hit
the ball off the top corner of the square on the backboard and he had a good
inbounds steal.  But what an ugly shot.  Roberto Bergerson on the other hand
shot very well.  He was a very solid player, although I was very disappointed
he got to play and Jaron Rush did not.

The announcers explained that since Boston has so many pg/sg/sf on the
roster, they are rotating the group and one player has to sit out.  Bergerson
and Vanterpool sat out yesterday.

Rodney Elliot showed some good scoring ability.  Silas Mills showed some good
hustle.  Overall these guys didn't impress either.

The best Celtic out there was definitely Jerome Moiso.  Had a few tough
rebounds where his long elongated arms grab the ball out of a large group of
players.  I thought he had at least four or five blocked shots, but it was
reported he only had three.  That lefty hook is unstoppable, but the
annoucers were correct when they said that he needs to broaden his arsenal
and not rely on going left so much.  Moiso could become a deadly post player
if he does that.  He was also very fast, he was going head to head with one
of the Philly guards on a fast break.  He abused Nazr Mohammad.  He is not
Tony Battie, not the french Walter McCarty.

The only thing that disappointed me was that Moiso did not get the ball
enough.  There were times when he was wide open and threw his arms up in
disgust because no one would pass the ball.  Watching the Sixers play
together as a team and Moiso and Blount made this game worth watching.
Otherwise it was a waste of my time.  The Sixers constantly ran pick and
rolls, cut, drove to the basket.  Most of the Boston players just stood
around.

Randell Jackson didn't look bad, was he a power forward or a small forward?

Another tidbit that I picked up from watching was that Pitino believes Pierce
will become one of the best "off-guards" in the game.  Does this mean Walker
will finally move to small forward?  Does this make way for the shotblocking
Moiso to help out when the C's loss their guys?  Could be.

The UNC guy (forgot his name) was a worthless white stiff.  But Mark Blount
was a machine.  He looked like a very tough player and reminded me of Kenyon
Martin, only not as athletic.  He was constantly challenging shots and
blocked at least four.  If he actually 7-1, he's be an excellent addition to
the team.  Fouls slowed him down and they didn't played him a lot in the
second half, which was very dumb.

On the Sixers side, it was the Pepe Sanchez show with sidekick Jumaine Jones.
 Former summer Celtic Kevin Ollie also burned us for 14 points.

Watching Sanchez play was a thing of beauty and to think he wasn't drafted is
a shame to the game.  He is Jason Williams without a shot that plays defense.
 Maybe not as fancy, but close enough.  During the shot time he was in,
Philly went on a 24-7 run and took the game away.  He tore apart our press.
He even hit a big three.  This is Pepe's world, he just live in it.  Rick had
better have been watching him and getting the papers ready to sign.

Jones was a highlight film.  Rim rocking dunks, aggressive blocks.  Too bad
he bumped knees with Moiso and it took him out of the game for a while.

Overall, it was really a bad game, but since it is summer league, I can
forgive.  Mark Blount should make the team, but other than that I can see no
one else.  I hope Clickity-Klack sits out today so Jaron can play.

Thndrblt31