No Subject

Subject: Re: Shaw Summary
Date: Tue, Jul 18, 2000 12:56 AM
From: Rlc2490

Just got back from the shaws...saw 3 1/2 games....First off the
Celtics...Battie wasn't even in the building...I'm not sure why...

Haywoode Workman played for the Cetls and looked very steady...he's a vet, so
it was expected...He's better than Doug Overton...But PG Jerome Allen, from
Penn and a cup of coffee in the league with the Pacers and Denver, was
totally impressive...He didn't score that much but was all over the court,
very quick, great speed pushing the ball and was going by Jason Terry at
will, blowing by and then dumping it off to the big guys...He's 6'4" 195...He
looked great...He and Terry were going at it for  a while...Smooth handle,
gets after it on D, and thinks pass first..I hate to say it, but he reminded
me of Andre Miller...He got into the lane whenever he wanted...

Now our #1 pick...

Moiso looked good..He had two dunks, two blocks, and around 8 or 9
boards...On one play, he got the ball down low, spun baseline away from his
man (Lorenzen Wright of the Hawks no less) and flushed it...He didn't really
get the ball that much, but he looks very fluid and smooth...He looked good
in the press, long arms, great footwork...Very active, very athletic...Didn't
shoot from the perimeter at all, only because he didn;t get the opportunity
to...I was standing behind the c's bench at one point and during a timeout,
Jim O'Brien yelled at Moiso, "Jerome, you're not listening to me!" Moiso had
checked out of the game and wasn;t paying attention to the timeout..Played
very hard..Not going to carry the team to the playoffs, but he has game.
Easily one of the most athletic interior players there, if not the most.

Jaron Rush...He looked like the youngest guy out there, by far...He's just a
baby...Rush made one shot, a J from the perimeter...He was great! on D, very
quick, and great on the press also...He caused some havoc defensively....His
strength was his athletic ability, and his rebounding was
sensational...Offensively he didn't get many touches, but that will change
over the week...He was a little nervous, as to be expected...This is a 19
year old kid who
cried himself to sleep on draft night...He certainly held his own though...I
expect him to be more aggressive on the offensive end against the 6ers....He
and Moiso both played major minutes, as did Jerome Allen...

Klack looks no different than last year, which means he won't stick...Randell
Jackson shot everytime he touched it, although he didn;t make many...Rodney
Elliot started the game off by hitting three 3's and he scored quite a
bit...Mark Blount looked good...He showed some post moves, some defensive
capability, and he's a big boy...He and Lorenzen Wright got into a scuffle at
one point, elbows flying everywhere...Lastly, Silas Mills, CBA MVP this year,
scored alot it seemed...He was slashing to the cup, shooting the ball
decently...And he played great d...The Celts pressed a great deal tonite...It
was good to see...Overall I really like Jerome Allen...He was the most
impressive player in Green...His shooting may be suspect, although he didn't
take any, but Pitino and Wallace had to be impressed by him...If he continues
his play he has a good chance to make this team...Looked 5x the player Wayne
Turner did, in every facet...

As for others, Dermarr Johnson made some jumpers but didn't put the ball on
the deck at all, and he didnt go near the basket...he looks like a
toothpick...I'm glad he didn't slide and end up with us....Shammond Williams
was by far and away the best player there I thought...At one point he put a
move on Wayne Turner that was so cold Wayne fell to the floor, watching
Williams drill another jumper...Wayne looked the same, made some ten footers
in the
lane, nothing more, steady d, pushed the ball...Couldn't make anything
deep...Oyedeji was nice...he's really active, always around the glass...Big
boy...Not in the same class as Moiso, however...