Re: Big O2 - seemed like having "show me the money" attitude

kevin/singapore wrote:

> http://www.tribnet.com/banner.plx?/sports/basketball/sonics/0706c62.html
> Oyedeji talks a good game
> Second-round pick says he is better than the lottery picks
> Bob Condotta ; The News Tribune
>

> Oyedeji had similar words to say about other top picks, such as Stromile Swift, Chris Mihm, Jerome Moiso and DeShawn Stevenson, who he said he played against while working out for NBA teams before the draft.
> "All those guys couldn't stop me,'' Oyedeji said. "It was really, really, really tough on me and very, very disappointing when I find out the NBA is a lot of politics.''

    Paul Pierce had to shout out only nine names of the players who were drafted ahead of him, as he honed his rookie shooting skills. Poor Olumide has to remember all of 41 names. :-(

    If memory serves, the Celtics worked out Oyedeji twice along with five other players. If Wallace wanted him badly enough, they probably could have gotten him instead of Sesar with two second rounders. BTW, the name is apparently pronounced "Sez-ARE"
according to a Croatian friend. She is the new chief of cabinet of the Croatian Ministry of Culture and actually lives in Zagreb, where Sesar starred the past four years. Anyway, she laughingly "promised" yesterday to tell Joe Sesar he needs to be in
Boston pronto for the Shaw League.

    As for Oyedeji's press conference, it sounds more like badly bruised pride to me rather than bluster to extract more money. Provided he can back it up, you probably need that kind of pride to succeed. Plus he's only a teenager. With the flashbulbs
popping in his face, he's not going to sound as polished as an NBA veteran. Darius Miles also came across as immature and full of bluster on draft day. We'll see how OO does. He certainly fell down a long, long way.

--------