Big O2 - seemed like having "show me the money" attitude

http://www.tribnet.com/banner.plx?/sports/basketball/sonics/0706c62.html
Oyedeji talks a good game
Second-round pick says he is better than the lottery picks
Bob Condotta ; The News Tribune
It will be awhile before it's known whether Nigerian center Olumide Oyedeji, the Sonics' second round pick in last month's draft, can play an NBA game.
But Wednesday, after his first appearance in a Sonics uniform at the team's initial summer league practice, he made it clear he sure can talk an NBA game.
Oyedeji, who many predicted might be taken in the lottery, said "politics'' were the only reason he wasn't a top 10 pick.
"Within a year or two, all the teams that passed me by will definitely have regrets,'' he said.
Oyedeji said he played against high schooler Darius Miles, who went No. 3 to the Clippers, at the Nike Hoop Summit game in April and that Miles "couldn't stop me. ... Go back and look at the tape.''
"If this guy comes to my country, he couldn't make my national team. He cannot make my Under-22 team.''
Oyedeji had similar words to say about other top picks, such as Stromile Swift, Chris Mihm, Jerome Moiso and DeShawn Stevenson, who he said he played against while working out for NBA teams before the draft.
"All those guys couldn't stop me,'' Oyedeji said. "It was really, really, really tough on me and very, very disappointing when I find out the NBA is a lot of politics.''
The 19-year-old said he didn't even bother watching the second round of the draft after he wasn't taken in the first round, which would have meant a guaranteed three-year contract.
"I know I lost a lot of money, a lot of pride,'' he said. "It's like a salt wound in the heart I have to overcome.''
When he found out Seattle had taken him with the 42nd pick overall, Oyedeji said he initially cried and vowed not to bother with the NBA this year.
"I say, 'I don't want to go to no Seattle,' '' he said. "I'll just go back to Europe and play.''
But Oyedeji said he reconsidered after deciding that NBA teams might think he doesn't want to work hard if he passed on the chance to play for the Sonics.
Oyedeji said he has no idea why he slipped so far and Sonics executives have said only that they think other teams might have been scared by the 6-foot-10, 240-pounder's general lack of experience. Oyedeji began playing basketball only five years ago.
"You watch him and you realize he is very young,'' said Sonics general manager Wally Walker. "But he's got NBA talent. He rebounds the ball well and he has an NBA body so we will be patient with him. It's going to take some time.''