RE: BSG Report on Walker Trade

>From: GAllen@dhhs.state.nh.us

>I'm against trading Walker unless we can improve our team.  If we can work
>out a deal with Chicago that gets us Jamal Crawford and enables us to sign
>Croshere (not Powers ;-)) and another free agent (Mercer?), I think that
>would be an improvement.  BSG's trade scenarios with Detroit, however,
>don't work for me.

None of it works for me.  One, he talks about giving up draft picks to get
rid of Minor and Barros, who's contracts are gone after this year anyway
(Williams makes more sense, but that was why we got the pick from Denver in
the first place).  Minor can probably be used to get another exception this
year, if desired.  Barros can probably be traded at the deadline to get a
decent player from a team looking to dump salary, if you want, or just let
him expire.  This team has NO more contracts to sign this year, including
Pierce who will be signed after his fourth year with the Celtics still
holding right of first refusal on him.  Next year will be a different story
altogether contract wise with this team.  Kenny and Williams will be the
only real bad contracts.  Antoine will not have BYC problems. Pierce will
still be on rookie scale.  We will have two first rounders, and Moiso.  If
something can be done with Kenny and/or Williams, then it could be worth it,
but certainly not at the expense of giving up Antoine for cap space.  Cap
space is only worth it if you're going to sign a free agent who's better
than the players you let go.  Vlade Divac to get Shaq?  Good move!  Antoine
to get Austin Croshere?  Please.

Jim