For those thinking of trading/singning Jacque Vaughn

Hi everybody,

some of you suggested signing/rading for Jacque. I
rather settle for some (taller) hungry CBAer.

I had my suspicion whenever a guy who is a #1 round
pick and can't get off the bench for 3 seasons, where
playing under the best (stockton) didn't help. If
Jacque can't adapt to the no-nonsense style of Sloan,
how can he then survive the intense Pitino pressure?
(remember Pierce was brought to tears during mid
season)

can anybody explain what is the meaning of "Vaughn
plays at times like a water bug with batteries"?

cheers
kevin
http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,175017102,00.html?
Jacque Vaughn is but an afterthought.
If Eisley opts to sign elsewhere, the Jazz may turn
back to Vaughn, their third point guard since being
selected from the University of Kansas in the first
round (27th overall) of the 1997 NBA draft. But if
Eisley returns for a sixth season in Utah, Vaughn is
expendable.
      "I don't know if we can use Jacque under the
circumstances," Miller said. "He's a good kid. He's a
hard worker. But I don't know if he can ever come to
play under the discipline of a Jerry Sloan team."
Vaughn plays at times like a water bug with batteries,
a style franchise officials have apparently decided is
too contrary to the discipline and systematic patience
employed by Jazz coach Sloan.
      While they doggedly negotiate to re-sign Eisley,
whose steady if unimaginative game is better-suited to
the principles taught by Sloan, the Jazz are prepared
to see Vaughn lured elsewhere.
      "If there are (offers to Vaughn from other
teams)," Miller said, "more power to him. We're not
losing sleep over it."