Oh No!

Thought I'd share this tidbit with you from Foxsports

Roger

Bird hunting
Report: Mavs interested in hiring Bird for executive position

Jan. 25, 9:56 a.m. ET
FOXSports.com

DALLAS - The Dallas Mavericks are interested in pulling some Washington
Wizardry of their own and hiring an NBA legend for an executive position,
according to Tuesday's Chicago Sun-Times.
Larry Bird, the former Celtics great and current Indiana Pacers head coach,
is reportedly being sought after by Mavericks owner Mark Cuban to fill the
role as president of basketball operations, the same role Michael Jordan
recently filled with the Wizards.

This is Bird's third season with the Pacers, and he has said it will be his
last in coaching.

Bird said little to squelch speculation before the Bulls-Pacers game Monday.
"I don't want to get into that. I just want to finish the season, do what I
do here, win a lot of games and get in the playoffs," said Bird.

The Sun-Times reported that a source said Cuban, an Indiana University
alumnus, is more interested in luring former Hoosiers great Isiah Thomas.

Bird has expressed interest in becoming the Pacers' president of basketball
operations. Current president Donnie Walsh said he gladly would step aside
to keep Bird in the organization.

Roger S. Belanger
mailto:rbelange@foxboro.com
User Support Services