Re: Dan Shaughnessy on ESPN Radio

In message <200001242159.QAA16706@melbourne-city-street.MIT.EDU>, Theresa Lee
aid:
> He's been beating this drum all season (actually, maybe for two years).
> It's clearly personal since he never makes a mention of any improvements
> he's seen, any winning streak that the Celtics may be on (he'd downplay it
> as luck). I think Pitino clashes with Dan's style and since most sports
> writers think they rule this town, someone has to go and it's not going to
> be Dan.

For what it's worth, he does the same thing to Dan Duquette.  Yes, DD has let
Clemens and Vaughn go, but has taken an old team with little talent and few
prospects and built one that has made the playoffs something like three of
the last five years.  Apparently, he does not treat the media as kindly as
they would like.  In Shaughnessy's eyes, that makes him an incompetent.

Just treat Shaughnessy as he deserves...ignore him.
--
Jim McMaster
mailto:mcmaster@sweng.stortek.com