Re: Dan Shaughnessy on ESPN Radio

He's been beating this drum all season (actually, maybe for two years).
It's clearly personal since he never makes a mention of any improvements
he's seen, any winning streak that the Celtics may be on (he'd downplay it
as luck). I think Pitino clashes with Dan's style and since most sports
writers think they rule this town, someone has to go and it's not going to
be Dan. His conclusion? He doesn't like Pitino or his style (so what?) and
will NEVER give him credit for anything. He doesn't even cover the Celtics
anymore so what does he REALLY know? Peter May oozes with sarcasm and
put-downs so you can imagine who is fueling Dan's fire with "insider
gossip" about the team.

I give Pitino credit for realizing this and not getting caught up in it (at
least publicly).

What's Dan going to do when the team plays consistently well and makes the
playoffs this year or next? He'll probably have some put-down ready....only
a banner will shut him up....only a banner.

Theresa