Seattle's travel woes

Georgek27@aol.com said:
> In a message dated 1/21/00 11:16:07 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> jbrainin@interactive.net writes:
>
> << FWIW, I heard on TNT that the Sonics plane didn't arrive in Boston
>  until noon today due to the winter storm that just passed through.
>  That may well have had some bearing on tonight's result.
>   >>
> That was true but then we played without Griffin, Chaney, & EW.

The Sonics did miss a lot of wide open jumpers, but then again, the
Celtics kept them from scoring inside, defended the 3 well, and gobbled
up all the misses, so I think the Celtics would have beaten the Sonics
no matter what the circumstances of Seattle's arrival, it just might not
have been such a blowout if Seattle had had better travel fortunes.

The report I heard on Fox said Seattle checked out of their hotel after
the Milwaukee game, went to the airport, couldn't leave due to high
winds, then had to find a different hotel to stay in overnight, then
left in the morning and arrived in Boston at Noon.  So they must have
been quite tired and unprepared, but I still like what the C's did.

Jon Mc