Some late notes on Seattle game

A few interesting points about the Celtics' blowout of Seattle on
Friday evening, which no one has mentioned yet:

The Celts only had 10 players dressed to play, and they all got
to play.  All 10 players had at least 10 minutes, 5 points and 2 rebounds,
even Pervis!

Payton hit at least one 3-pointer in every game of the season until the
Celtics win on Friday.  Seattle was 0-6 on 3-pointers.  They only got
about 3 open 3-pointers all night, and missed those.

Dan Forant <dforant1@nycap.rr.com> said:
> Cheaney, Williams and Adrian out, and we play
> more cohesively, Pitino will have to think this one over.

But Adrian is the type of guy who makes a team more cohesive.  He
does whatever's needed of him... whatever the other 4 guys aren't
doing.  He makes his teammates around him better.  The Celtics suffered
the first 3 games he was out.

Chaeney was a huge part of the comeback win against Toronto, offensively
and defensively.  The Celtics played 4 straight good team games and Chaeney
contributed in the first 3 of them.

Dan Forant <dforant1@nycap.rr.com> said:
> I mean it was
> smooth from beginning to end. McCarty gives us lots of energetic stuff out
> of nowhere and yet gets 5 pts., 3 boards and 4 assists.

Don't forget his blocked shots, including an incredible one to snuff out
a 2 on 1 break and start a Celtics break.

Jon Mc