Re: Fortson's minutes

I agree, we need to give Fortson more minutes.

However, you don't want Pierce and Griffin playing a combined
48 minutes a game.  Those guys need at least 30 minutes each.

Josh said:
> I think it has to go like this:
> C:  Potapenko, Battie
> PF:  Walker, Fortson
> SF:  Fortson, Walker, Williams
> SG: Pierce, Griffin
> PG: Kenny, Dana

Josh has them both at Scoring Gaurd, and nowhere else.

In terms of being able to "do it all" - steals, assists, rebounds,
points, defense - Griffin and Pierce are the 2 best, most consistent
players on the team, and Walker of late has been right there with
them.  You've got to get Griffin and Pierce the minutes, and that
means some time at SF for Pierce.

Fortson is most useful to the Celtics against the teams who are
big and strong inside.  Use him more against the Knicks, the Spurs,
the Lakers, etc.  He completely neutralized Oakley in Wednesday's
game which is the first time in recent memory Oakley hasn't done
significant damage inside against the Celtics.  Oakley could not
get where he wanted against Fortson, and Oakley quickly got in foul
trouble.  You could sense Oakley's frustration late in the 3rd when
Chaeney sacrificed his body and Oakley bowled him over for a charge.
(Hats off to Calbert!  What guts!)

Anyway, the point is, Fortson is more important against certain
type of teams, Williams is useful when the Celtics need penetration
and getting to the free throw line, McCartey is good for pressing
defense, Chaeney is good for his jump shot and veteran poise when
other players are getting too wild, Battie is great for shot blocking
and offensive rebounds, Barros for quick points through 3's and
penetration, and Overton for pushing the pace when the others get tired.

Each is useful in different situations, and should get more minutes
depending on the situation.  I'd love to see Pitino tell the starters
he's only going to use them for 30-35 minutes a game, and fewer than
that if they don't run hard, and more than that if they can run hard
the whole way, then use Battie and Fortson for 15-20 minutes a game,
and the other 5 about 6-10 minutes each per game.  Completely wear
out the opposition.

Any way we can get Ellison injured so those other 12 can be the team?

I guess as long as one of those 12 is injured, the other 11 can get
more minutes while Ellison racks up the DNP's without complaining.

Jon Mc