Re: UNBELIEVABLE!!

>From: Georgek27@aol.com
>
>When it looked to all the world that we had given this game away at the
>free throw line I never thought we'd pull this one out!!  The guys deserve
>a lot of credit for this one.

I think Mike Gorman actually said at one point, "free throw shooting cost
the Celtics this game".  Not "might cost them", or "if they lose".  That's
how dire the situation looked.  One of the best comebacks I've seen in a
basketball game, not as significant a game as many others, but from a sheer
standpoint of pulling a game out when it seemed completely lost, this was
the best I've seen in a very long time.

Antoine and Paul both made big plays down the stretch, but the guy who
really made it happen was Cal Cheaney.  One three to make it possible and
another to tie the game.  He also took a terrific charge from Vince Carter
when he completely read Carter's baseline drive.

Jim