Re: This guy sure doesn't think Vitaly fits

> You can't see the forrest from the trees. Outside opinions are just that,
> outside, and are helpful.

Uh, no, not always. It seems that at onhoops, any bozo can post an
opinion on any team. That doesn't make it helpful. I don't think all
inside opinions are helpful either, but at least the opinions on this
list are usually more informed and can be responded to.

> >Philly, for instance, was interested in Potapenko when Cleveland was
> >shopping him.
>
> Doesn't Philly have Geiger for a center.

The point is that Potapenko is certainly a tradeable commodity. Matt Geiger
isn't relevant here.

> If we had Geiger were at least 500.

So what (even if it were true, which there is no guarantee of)? If we
had Duncan or Shaq we'd be at least .500 too. Geiger wasn't available
to us - he signed for big free agent money. The point was about whether
acquiring Potapenko was a good idea or not. I'm not sure how you got the
idea that this was about how we'd be playing with Matt Geiger.

> Man, I would just like to beat average teams with average centers.

We've beaten above-average teams with above-average centers, which you
seem to ignore when convenient.

Alex