Re: Veterans

> Last 17 games we are 5-12. It's "what have you done for me lately"? I
> foresee 10-11 more wins. We are alive?

If they win half their remaining home games and lose every single one
of their road games for the rest of the year, they'll win 11 games.
Aren't you being excessively pessimistic? (If you don't think so, I'd
be willing to make a bet on the Celtics winning more than 11 games
for the rest of the season).

And yes, 3.5 games out of the playoff race with 47 games to go counts
as very alive. Cecil is right, one blowout loss has been blown way out
of proportion. If they had won, I'm sure everyone would have been
feeling reasonable, but since they lost, the season is over? I don't
buy it. No single game is that meaningful at this point in the season.
I'm sure the "what have you done for me lately" crowd was clamoring to
fire Popovich early last season, or Larry Brown early this season when
Philly was 5-8, or Casey with the 2-15 Nets, or Flip Saunders. If other
teams can overcome horrible stretches, why is it impossible for the
Celtics?

Alex