Re: Los Angeles Box Score

On Thu, 13 Jan 2000 opi@unesco.org wrote:

> 2) Meanwhile, Fortson slumped to a wretched 3-4 shooting last night (he
> came into the game shooting .762 from the floor). No wonder why he only got
> 14 minutes despite just one personal foul and three offensive caroms among
> his five rebounds. ;-) In today's Herald, Rick Pitino once again said that
> Fortson has a chance to be one of the NBA's "better rebounders per minute."
> Terrific!

This is killing me too, since I've admired Fortson ever since I heard of
his workout with Denver (might have been pre-draft, was definitely before
he started his career) where they had a running drill that left other
players throwing up on the sidelines while Forston kept going and going.

I've started to wonder if Rick hopes to slide Fortson through the rest of
the season with less than impressive statistics with the hope of locking
him up cheap over the summer.  I just can't figure out why he hasn't been
getting more minutes.  I hope it doesn't turn Fortson off to Boston -- I
think he's a lot more important to the Celtic's future than Pitino.  If it
came down to one or the other I'd dump Rick in a heartbeat.

Dan