I could have sworn

I could have sworn we won a basketball game last night and all we get,
besides the game report and box score are a few, and even then very few,
sarcastic posts.  Maybe the Clippers suck, but they beat this team with
Adrian Griffin in LA, and we played poorly and won a game.  Thus, there
are positive signs here.  But, one conclusion that can be drawn from the
activity on the list is that many of you don't want to post unless there
is a loss and you get to be critical.

I'll take an ugly win over a bad team any day over a loss.  And I won't
be sarcastic about it.  At the end of the year it is a W.  If this team
were to get healthy, begin to gel into a decent team and make a run at
the playoffs, I suspect that we would dwindle down to about three or
four posters on the list as there would be nothing to criticize.  Then
again, even if they made the playoffs, I suppose the comments would
shift to, well we could have won the championship if we just had a
different coach, player, whatever.

The posts that did make the list that were sarcastic made me think that
you were distraught that the Celtics won.

I wish fans would be pleased with a win.  I'll take it.

And again, I believe that this team will be a good team by the end of
the year.  It is still two players away, but can get there.

--

Bentz Kirby
bocelts@usit.net