blame game?

Sorry to post a "me-too" (and after a loss, no less) but I think it's
important to keep in mind that it is always so very easy to blame the
players. I'd like to make a few points on their behalf. Thank goodness for
your comments Joe, a ray of sanity amid the chaos.

How can someone blame Potapenko? The guy only ever gets to play half a game
(and always draws the tough defensive assignment). He's having a great game
and leading the team in scoring, so lets take him out and sit him down
during the crucial 10-15 minute span during the 3rd and 4th quarters?

The same goes for 'Toine and his post defense - it seems to me that the guy
is doing all he can but he is simply overmatched (this has been a problem
for him on offense too the last few games). For that matter, it's hard to
blame any player for lack of defense in the "outbreak" scheme since they're
all guarding two or three men. Could that be a reason why we are among
league leaders in fouls and opposition FG%?

And you are so right about Fortson. . . the poor guy's got to be scratching
his head! Gee, I wonder why he is so "foul-prone" - could it be related to
playing out of position at center? I thought that that was one of the
primary reasons he wanted to leave Denver.

And please, anybody, why does Pitino ALWAYS insist on having the smallest
team on the floor?

These last few games have made me sicker than the flu has! It's just these
kind of "inexplicable" losses (TWO career highs for the Grizz last
night!?!) that can lead to an irrational desire to break up a young,
talented and balanced core. I like the core of this team (VP, DF, AW, PP,
KA, and AG) and would hate to see it dismantled simply because it has been
mishandled or through senseless desperation.

Thanks Joe for the dose of common sense!

-Tom Murphy