Re: blame game?

Last night was one of the most frustrating for me as a Celtics fan and I've
watched almost every game for the past four years. It was so frustrating I
am thinking about taking some time off from watching them. I am drawn to
them like a moth to a flame, but my stomach literally can not handle
watching them play lately (it gets all cramped up around the third quarter
and I literally get mad and storm out of the room). I care way too much. I
feel helpless and they look helpless to stop the bleeding. WHY? I've yet to
figure it out completely, but there are a few things to point to.

1. Nagging injuries: Kenny and Paul are both playing on bad wheels. After
Adrian, they are probably two of the "higher b-ball IQs" on the floor.
Pierce gets hammered on drives to the basket and gets a call maybe one out
of two times. Kenny too, but he doesn't get the calls either.

2. Antoine in the low post. I believe that is THE key to the C's success.
They win when he's down there. Last night Vitally started well, but only
with short and mid range jumpers. He rebounded well, but most of his
offense was jumpers. Then, he was taken out of the game and the team lost
momentum. Antoine couldn't get the ball in the post even though he was
trying.

3. 100% effort, 100% of the time. It just doesn't happen. They are up to
about 75% right now, maybe 80% which accounts for being unable to put teams
away. Most of the wins come with a combination of a 85% effort of the C's
and an 75% effort by the other team.

4. Man to man defense. We were told that they would be using this more and
more. It was successful the first few times out of the gate (even in some
losses), but it went to the dogs the past few games. I hate the trapping
because a decent passing team simply swings the ball the other way and a
decent shooting team converts the three. You feel it happening, see it
happening, but from the couch, I am as helpless as the poor defender
running at the guy. They slay me, those plays!

5. Coaching: this is the first time I have ever even thought to be critical
of the coach. Some of his substitutions really confuse me. Usually when a
guy is going well (which means he's giving it an all out effort) he is
taken out shortly thereafter (the exceptions being Paul and Antoine). It's
as if Pitino is rewarding the player with a rest rather than riding them
until they have no more to give. Fortson does need to play more AND he's
getting cheap fouls called on him. I am not an expert in this area and
hesitate to comment, but sometimes....

6. Barros: Anytime that Barros is put in the game.....count on losing the
lead not to mention the ball once or twice. What ever happened to Bing Bang
Boom Barros? Tommy said it best. If Dana is not shooting threes, why else
is he on the floor? To give Kenny a rest. That's it. We are in desperate,
yes desperate need of a legit backup point guard. I used to love Dana, but
I cringe when he goes in the game. Is there a magic force field that keeps
him from penetrating? He ALWAYS pulls up the dribble precisely at the three
point line.

Don't get me wrong. I love the Celtics which is probably why I am so
frustrated. I begin each game with such hope and lately I've lost it along
with them somewhere late in the third quarter.

What if they lose to the Clippers? Where will my hope come from? HELP!

Theresa