Re: The Dell'Apa Article

I got a clear insight into the Boston media's hatchet job this weekend.
Dan Shaungessy was jumping all over Pete
Carroll for holding his head high and being an optimist (Dan ain't one,
that's for sure!). Now Pete Carroll bugged me too with his "I know it's
raining, but the sun will be out soon" attitude (reality fits somewhere in
between Dan and Pete), but how can you dog a guy for showing class?
Actually, some of the other sports guys jumped on Dan for his harsh
assessment of Carroll's last day (but only very slightly). It made me
question his motive.

Most of the writers and sports guys in town have been around a long time
which gives them a lot of influence, but I would caution them to use it
judiciously. Shaughnessy came across as mean and somewhat without class.
There's a time to criticize and a time to let it go. Why kick the guy on
his way out of town for handling himself well? That speaks volumes to me
about Dan's outlook on life. He can't stand for Carroll to be happy if he,
Dan, is not. He can't understand an optimist.

His contempt was palpable.

Theresa