Here I am

I guess I'm one of the anti-Toine guys in hiding today. Actually, I'll be
the first to admit that Toine has strung together the best two weeks of
basketball I remember from him, with two of the five best games he's ever
played thrown in there (Utah, in defeat, and Cleveland).

I hope I've been wrong about Toine and this continues, because when he's
playing like this, there are but a few players in this league who are as
valuable. More importantly, I hope the Boston fans appreciate his turnaround
and accept him. Many of my "trade Toine" posts were made with the belief
that he would never be accepted in Boston and a change of scenery would be
best for both he and the team. We'll see what happens if Toine has a 2-13
night anytime soon.

Bottom line: The last two weeks of Toine have been great, but I don't think
it's unfair to ask where this player was during the season's first two
months. Where would we be if Toine had played like this from Game 1?

Still, color me cautiously optimistic.

By the way, I REALLY want a win over the Bricks tonight. I'm even more sick
of hearing about the MSG streak than I was about the 11-game road skid. Not
to mention I just hate those SOBs. Anyway, I really think this might be the
night, and if it is, we could be in for a decent winning streak (check out
the upcoming schedule).

Mark