Re: Celtics Cavaliers

opi@unesco.org said:
>   In fact, he's averaged over 10ppg from the free throw line over this span!
> Try asking Shaq to do that! :-)
>
>   I like AW's swiss army knife versatility, but this is one aspect of his game
> that I thought would NEVER come (Antoine finally getting some serious "luv"
> from the refs). This was just a super and promising homecoming for Walker

Part of the reason for Antione starting to get calls his way is that he's
arguing a lot less, and when he does argue he's more calm about it.  The
only T's I remember him getting this year are in altercations with other
players, not from complaining with refs.  Pitino said before the season
started that he's coached the players to learn the refs' names and make
friendly conversation with them when they can, and Antoine seems to have
learned from it.

Also, Antoine was less reckless in plowing through defenders in getting to
the basket.  One time he was driving, DeClercq got in the way but Walker
was already slowing up and changing direction and he pulled up for the
short jumper just before contact, and DeClercq leaned forward and picked
up the foul.  Another nice sign was when he brought the ball up on the
break, went toward the right side, saw all 3 defenders stack up on the
right side between him and the basket, so he made an over-the-top pass
to a wide open Cheaney on the left side, and Cheaney hit the jumper.
So many times I've seen Antoine try to plow through the 3 defenders in
that situation.

Joe, I like your analysis of Walker's free throw totals.  If he keeps
hitting them at over 80% (89% last night), he'll be hard to stop as the
defenses against him will have to be less aggressive, meaning he won't
get stripped of the ball so much.

It was nice to see him fake 3's then drive and dish or even drive and
fake a pass, then pull up to shoot.  He still needs to do some more fakes
underneath the basket so he won't get so many shots blocked, but if he's
faking more outside, then hopefully it won't be long before he starts
faking inside.

Jon