Re: Pitino being tuned out... finallly

I dunno, but a lot of the Celts core players could be considered model citizen
role players if they changed address. Pitino doesn't seem to have any complaints
about the attitude of the team. There's no apparent reason he should.

My point is that the Celts may have improved their talent in three years but
they they haven't improved their execution one iota during Pitino's tenure.

The Celts are no longer on pace to win 36 games like the team that started
Waltah, Minor, DeClerq and company. That team finished 10 games under .500. This
team is already 10 games under .500

Did the competition get better? Actually, the playoff contenders in the East
have mostly aged or declined. Did the Celtics fail to improve their inaugural
Pitino roster? I believe we have more playing experience and talent at every
position including the bench.

So why have the Celtics regressed or stayed pretty much the same? I think we're
running out of viable excuses for Pitino. The wrong move is to let him blow up
the team before he gets fired. How long do you think opposing coaches and
players (Steve Nash etc.) can continue stifling their laughter before it becomes
obvious to Gaston and the rest of us that the "headless chicken outbreak" pretty
much guarantees an easy 47% shooting night by opponents?

Joe

p.s. Ideally, Pitino will hold to his pledge and continue coaching elsewhere
only at the NBA level. That way we can have a better idea whether or not it is
the fault of the coach or the talent level of our players. If he succeeds
elsewhere, I'd be happy to admit I was wrong. He is a very hardworking guy with
a college coaching record few can match.

****