dawning thought

I think Pitino is a bad judge of talent.  Really.  I just concluded
that he must have recruited the top high school players according to
their ranking and athletic ability, coached them well and won.  Why
else would he think Walter had ability?  Or Billups?  They were
"touted" and so he got them.  And being so high on Van Horn?  I rest
my case.

 I also think he hasn't had much leeway since he came to Boston, but
that's another thing.  I think he needs Chris Wallace more than ever
now.

Gene (we all need to focus on things that are more important than
basketball; if someone comes up with something, please post)