(no subject)

Amazingly the Celtics are still only 4 games out of the playoff race,
despite being an unsightly 9 games below .500

How's that for "glass half full"?

The players need to not look too much at their won-loss record for the
remaining 29 games. Obviously, Boston has to go 19-10 just to get back
to .500 and so the mood will only be pessimistic if they set that as
their present target and guage of success.

On the other hand, it is a relatively easy stretch of games ahead. If
they stay health, than anything fewer than 36 wins (14-15 the rest of
the way) would be a huge disgrace in my opinion. Boston is a 17-9 team
at home and has beaten some good teams. They should try to block out
distractions tonight and really try to salvage this road trip (not to
mention deliver some payback to the Grizzlies).

The only possible reason I would want the Celts to not reach 36 wins is
because it might tempt Gaston to sell the team and/or buy out the
coach's remaining contract in the longer term interest of the franchise.
But these are the Celtics we're talking about and I'm not going to root
for Pitino to fail.

****