Re: Bowen waived

> opi@unesco.org wrote:
>
> > Maybe Paul Allen's pal Bill Gates might want to get into the game and buy
> > the Boston Celtics. Gates must have a little bit more free time since
> > stepping down as Microsoft chairman.
>
> Follow Gaston's logic with me here. Dick Pond tells the Globe today that the
> team lost $10 million last year, yet says Gaston "as a business man" has
> declined numerous offers to sell. Hmm, something doesn't seem to square ...

The loss was due to the lockout, I believe. The year before they were
quite profitable, if I recall correctly. Pond just said that it would
take a truly fantastic offer to make Gaston sell. I like the Bill Gates
idea though. Once he puts the "Boston Celtics" icon on the Windows
desktop, the other teams won't have a chance. Soon they'll be trading
their best players to us for their own icons on the desktop.

Alex