Re: "to be liked is a choice"

>From: "Thomas Murphy" <tfmiii@worldnet.att.net>

>But it was not me but Jim who upped the stakes. He went from disputing the
>interpretation of a particular set of statements to claiming that
>dissatisfaction or distrust of Pitino was rooted in dislike (and then -
>comically - he followed it up by spinning a scenario that was even more
>Machiavellian than what he was contesting with Joe!).

Thomas,

I'm starting to see where you got yourself so confused.  You seem to somehow
have read into my statements that all criticism of Pitino is based in a
dislike of him, which is not true, and certainly not what I said.  I was
responding to SPECIFIC INSTANCES of that happening, though.  I'll repeat
this because you seem to have missed it the first few times I've said it; I
myself feel that Pinito has done only a mediocre job so far, which is not
good enough considering his salary.  I'd stop short of pressing the eject
button at this stage, though.  I feel a lot better now.

As far as the devious trade scenerio goes, I don't actually think it's what
happened, but I sort of wish it was.  Wouldn't it be nice to be the team
pulling one over on someone again.  If it turned out it was true, it would
actually enhance my opinion of Pitino.

Jim