Bits from Utah papers after Celt's win

<snip>
Boston's Danny Fortson had four points and five
rebounds in 12 minutes. Why is that significant?
Fortson was traded to Toronto for guard Alvin
Williams just before the All-Star break. Williams
flunked his physical with the Raptors, however,
and the traded was voided. Fortson returned to
Boston, but not before telling the Toronto news
media that the Celtics' "ship is sinking pretty
fast." Monday, Fortson apologized to his
teammates, saying, "I was caught up in the
emotion. It was a frustrating situation." . .
<snip>
http://www.sltrib.com/2000/feb/02162000/sports/26318.htm

( why is it "significant"? anybody can do a thesis
on this?)

<snip>
Sloan continued to sound the warning bell. He
called his players' defense "selfish" and openly
questioned their desire to play as a team. "If
they don't want to play the way we want
them to play, they need to get rid of me," Sloan
said. "Or they need to let (the players) coach."
Five Utah players scored in double figures and
Sloan called that a problem, not a highlight.
"There'll be some guys who'll have points and be
somewhat happy," he said as he perused the stats
outside the locker room after the game. "But as
far as playing team basketball, no, we're not."
<snip>
http://www.daily-herald.com/dh/dhtoday.nsf/Sports/EBE37A5DDC7EDFB6872568870029AF4C?OpenDocument

<snip>
Sloan took this defeat personally.   "The bottom
line is these guys are professional athletes," he
said. "If they don't want to play the way we ask,
then I've probably lost control of this team and
it's time to get me out of here. Or let them
coach."
http://www.sltrib.com/2000/feb/02162000/sports/sports.htm

<snip>
(why is Sloan taking it so hard this loss? It was
not exactly game 7 of the NBA finals you know)