Atlanta Trades + Holley

I think we can all agree that these are much better deals that the Alvin Williams
fiasco.  There's hardly a body on the Atlanta Roster, other than dion glover and
rowshon mcleod, that wouldn't represent some sort of decent value.   I have been
a big fan of Jason Terry in the draft, as he was a stellar defensive player in college,
although admittedly he isn't burning the house down this year as a rookie.  (Andre
Declerq-Miller has been much better.)  Jim Jackson is a bona-fide starter, and creates
all kinds of matchup problems with his strength, but I don't know if he is really what
we need and he gets paid a lot.  I would take a package of Lorenzen Wright and
Jason Terry, and possibly a pick for Fortson.  Wright once pulled down 25 rebounds
in a game and is a Battie-type player who might push Battie to play a little more con-
sistently.  (A press unit with Wright and Battie at five and four would be pretty cool.)
I don't see Atlanta giving up Alan Henderson, nor am I sure that I would want him,
given Antoine Walker's immutable status as power forward.  I do think Dana has to go,
and I would trade him to Atlanta for LaPhonso Ellis or better yet a draft pick.  I'm sorry
that Seattle has been so niggardly with their offerings -- I really liked the idea of Stepnia.
Jacques Vaughn strikes me as a great value as well.  I think I like him better than Terry,
although I think Terry is more athletic.  Terry is only 6' 2" so he has decent size.

thoughts?  Anything on WEEI?

BTW, re the Holley thread.  I think that Kevin Lok is in fact from another country, so he
can hardly be blamed for using "negro" -- an outdated but not negative term.  And to be
fair, I think that Holley's race is relevant to his perspective.  I've talked to him on the phone,
and it's clear that he feels that the older writers, who so love Bird et al., aren't close to the
team, don't travel with them, and don't really care much for them.  I think that obviously, as
a young hip black man Holley brings something to his job that even a nice guy like Bill Simmons
or Eric Frede doesn't.  I think you can see this in the way the players related to Willie Maye.
What's the big deal?