How to keep Fortson

Bentz Kirby wrote:
>I suspect that Pitino has no intentions of trading Walker.
>And that Walker is who the team is being built around.   What evidence
is there
>of this?

Putting my Gaston shoes on (thinking on keeping close to the budget), i
think Walker is a prime target for trade becos of his salary (sorry to
say that). Our payroll in '01 will be about 47M and I read somewhere
today, indications are that '01 cap will only be at 35.7M.

If Walker keeps on playing the way he has the last 2 months, his trade
value would be very high, if not highest this summer. I think if we
don't make the playoffs this season, there's going to be a lot of people
screaming for change (like the ones screaming after the Fortson trade)
and also, those teams who missed out on the Duncan/hill/eddie
jones/T-Mac sweepstakes are going to be desparate for any available
franchise-class player.

I think if not for the BYC, AW should be the one traded (get 2 no.1s I
don't mind). In this way, we can really keep the blue-collar Fortson as
PF, move Pierce back to his natural SF, AG/CC/DB can be the starting SG
(you take your pick), KA at the point back up by Overton (Wayne Turner
preferred).