re: everything

Great posts recently.  I am intrigued by the prospect or taking
additional offers for Fortson.  We won't necessarily get a worse deal,
because the key is whether our team is better as a result.  If we had
traded Mercer for the rights to Adrian Griffin last summer, the whole
list would have gone mad.  But now?  And those bemoaning the VP trade
(and that includes the prescient Mr. Holley) have to, at least, admit
that he is more than "busto."  Perhaps we will take a few days and
find a better trade.  But we won't know overnight, only as time
passes.  This league is so overblown about images.  Shaq and Kobe and
"The Answer"--wake me if any of them ever win a championship.

As to the Holley & Pitino issue:  this is a work in progress; we're
at mid-season.  As stated earlier, I would give Pitino a "C" but
someone has caused Kenny to play very well, and VP, and Griffin.  And
when our two best players find more consistency, I think this glass is
half-full.  Sure, Doc Rivers looks good in his first year; so did
Larry and so did Ricky.  But this game is a series of two-mile runs,
year after year.  I'm not happy at this point; I'm even glad I haven't
bought a dish, yet, but I am of the opinion that soon we will all want
to watch every game.  Relax.

Gene