A "Higher" power intervened?

Well I know at least 90% of us are thrilled that the "BIG GIVEAWAY" didn't happen, but we still have a few  problems.

1.  While one person mentioned that the deal was canceled because Pitego got a better one, and I hope this is the case, I feel more that is likely that Pitego in his usual 'leap before you look" mode just now realized that Williams was injured.  He was in so much of a hurry to rid himself of that cancer Forston, he really didn't care what he was getting in return.  Who knows.

2.  Fortson has made some less than kind words regarding the Celts, I hold no grudges against him because nothing has been reported prior to this mess showing him to be anything less than a player trying to accept his role, albeit a diminished role on this team.  He is abviously right in some of his statements.  Toronto has a winning record, we do not.  The Celts are definantly a ship without a rudder or at least the rudder is stuck and we are going around in circles.  I don't think Fortson was unkind or said anything he will regret.  Pitego is the one who tried  making excuses for this trade, ie  couldn't find playing time, wanted to much money,  bull crap and we know it.  Pitego is the one trying to make Danny look bad, not the other way around.

3.  If this deal wasn't nixed because we got a better offer, and I don't believe we did, than everyone in the league knows that Pitego is willing to give Fortson away for nothing.  He did it.  So if it was hard to get a good deal for him before, it will be impossible to get one now.  I say do this.  Keep Fortson.  Actually give him 20 -25 minutes a game.  If he fouls out in the 1st half, so be it.  We aren't making the playoffs anyway, so we have nothing to lose.  If he bombs out, his contract is up next year and he walks.  If he does well, then we are in the era of the "sign & trade".  If we don't want to keep him or can't afford to keep him, we sign & trade him while his value is high and get something.  Or we keep him for ourselves.  This is a no lose situation and is far better than making a trade that gets us neither a player or pick or frees up salary money.

Only time will tell as to what truly happened or will happen, but we won't wait long.  The trading deadline is the 24th.  I feel better than I did last night, hope to get to sleep before something else bad happens.  Bye guys, Troy