Re: Trade Rescinded!!

On Fri, 11 Feb 2000 opi@unesco.org wrote:

> damekmo@teleport.com wrote:
>
> > >WEEI just reported that Alvin Williams failed his physical and that the
> > >trade has been rescinded.
> >
> > Jesus, Mary and Joseph!!!! If this is true I hope Ricky moves Danny "we
> > were 21-28 and the ship was sinking pretty fast" Fortson quickly.

I'm happy to have Fortson back, but this made me laugh out loud despite
myself.

> Or, as an alternative theory, Pitino really is the "Slick Willy" of the NBA.
> He read all the poll numbers and did a flip flop.

Given how much he apparently "scouts" players before trading or drafting
them (Fortson, Billups, Anderson, Mills, Knight, etc.) this doesn't seem
all that unlikely.

> It's hard to imagine any reconciliation between Danny and the coaching
> staff. This is getting kind of surreal.

The leprechaun is trying to save Pitino from himself.

Dan