Re: Trade Rescinded!!

> "Both Alvin and Sean are good players and individuals of great character,"
> Grunwald said. "It was a difficult decision to trade them in the first place
> and we are happy to have them back with the Raptors."

I guess that Toronto is not going to contest this trade, like Pitino tried
to do with Radja. It wouldn't be worth it for them.

It could be a legitimate concern that even though Williams could play now,
he's susceptible to future injuries or will eventually wear out. Or it could
be that Pitino is having second thoughts. It was starting to seem that
the trade made no sense for Toronto, too. I mean, their coach practically
called Fortson "El Busto" and declared that he was a goner, which is worse
than Pitino ever called him. So Fortson just became an expiring contract
for them, and probably not too great a locker room influence. I'm sure
Fortson and his agent cringed on reading that too, because if he gets
renounced, he's playing for the exception, at best.

I hope that Pitino has another, better trade lined up though because I
can't see how he stays after his "sinking ship" parting shot. I'd think
that Pitino would want to take care of this by the end of the All-Star break.

Alex