RE: On Bird & Pitino

Nice. If Holley HAD a central thesis worthy of
disputing, it might be worth it. All Holley does in
this article is moan and groan. Does he say what
SHOULD have been done instead? Does he examine
in-depth each of these moves and what the motivation
behind them was? No. There's no thesis here, just a
bunch of garbage spewed by a guy that Pitino has had
differences with in the past.  Just another example of
the man kickin someone when they're down. No one's
saying Pitino is the greatest of all time...but he's
doing alot better job at an almost impossible task
than anyone else I can think of would have. This all
boils down to "Who could do a better job?" I'm not
sure anyone could have.

>I guess when a Pitinoite can't dispute Holley's
>central thesis - that Pitino has failed as a Celtics'
>coach/GM -  picking on the writer's looks and
supposed >lack of athletic ability is the best he can
do to >defend his idol: "Oh yeah, Pitino is not the
greatest >coach/GM >ever?! And you're ugly!!".