Re: Holley is for real

>A real s.o.b.  His article today proves that sportswriters think they
>are gods.

But you know Gene, it does get old hearing "I thought I was getting
Duncan," over and over again. He really does need to stop making this
excuse. If I were one of his players I'd want to beat the crap out of him
every time he said it. The truth is that up to this point the guy has
failed. If you believe that this team has more talent than their record
indicates, I don't know who else to blame. If you think he has overpayed
for a bunch of stiffs sitting on the bench, I don't know who else to blame.
To be honest, I'd love Ricky to come out and say, "This team has
underachieved and it's nobody's fault but mine." I'm a little tired of
hearing the 24 year-olds blame themselves every time they lose and the 40+
year-old coach just sit there and talk about Tim Duncan and Keith Van Horn,
and how "We look like the Washington Generals!" Doesn't he bare any
responsibility for coaching the Washington Generals!

I think Holley would just like to hear the words, "I've screwed up so far,"
because if he doesn't think he's doing "anything" wrong, nothing's going to
change. Oh, but I forgot...all he's done wrong so far is not get Tim
Duncan. But that's ML's fault.

Paul M.